Ottakringer BeerThe Ottakringer Beer received its name
according to the 16th Viennese district named "Ottakring". The brewery
is the last remaining big brewery in Vienna.
The Ottakringer brewery was made out of the brewery called "Planksche
Brauerei", which was founded in 1837, and bought in 1850 by Ignaz and
Jakob Kuffner. Two Jewish brothers who lived in Vienna.
Ottakringer Beer had its best time one year before the first world war
in 1913. Never again they were able to reach the production of 350.000
hl in one year.